Submission of Abstracts
Guidelines for Authors
he Program Committee and the Local Organising Committee of the 8th FESN Scientific Meeting and of the 2nd Panhellenic Conference on Neuropsychology, welcome the submission of abstracts for original contributions to the field. Authors may submit abstracts relevant to the Conference Scientific Topics for an individual Oral contribution, a Poster contribution, or a Symposium.
Abstracts for individual Oral and Poster presentations and Symposia can be submitted by members of the national societies and by non-members via the conference website (https://fesn-hnps2023.gr/) not later than 13 February 2023 by filling in the online submission form.
- Each author can submit a maximum of 3 abstracts (as corresponding author) and present a maximum of 2 abstracts, if the author is participating in more abstracts, they must be submitted and presented by other registered co-authors.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented exclusively in English. Authors and speakers are encouraged to perform a careful check on the English language.
- Authors are exclusively responsible for the submission of their work according to the abstract submission guidelines and for submitting their abstract in due time according to the abstract submission deadline. Abstracts that do not comply with the guidelines or are submitted after the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
- During the submission process, all authors will be asked to upload as well, a ready for publication file, as described in the Abstract document specifications
- All submitted abstracts are subjected to an extensive peer review process. Authors do not have the possibility to revise abstracts at this stage. After the evaluation, corresponding authors will receive feedback. The Program Committee reserves the right to change the requested presentation type from Oral to Poster or from Poster to Oral.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented as Oral or Poster presentations or Symposia and will be published in the Abstract Book.
Instructions for the writing of the Abstracts
- The abstract must have a maximum length of 300 words.
- Statements such as “results will be discussed”, “data will be presented” will not be accepted.
- Tables and illustrations may not be inserted.
- The title, the names of the authors, their affiliations, and the references should be inserted into the appropriate fields and not be repeated within the text of the abstract.
- Authors may include a maximum of 2 affiliations.
- Authors may insert a maximum of 3 references using the Vancouver reference style.
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
Abstract document specifications
Software: The abstracts should be typed on a word processor (“.doc” or “.docx” format).
Font, size, spacing, alignment: They should be written in Calibri font 11 pt, single-spaced, without spaces between paragraphs and justified paragraph alignment.
Spacing, paragraphs: Text should be fully justified. There should be no spaces between paragraphs: title, authors and affiliated institutions/hospitals. There should be one single space between the affiliated institutions/hospitals and the abstract text.
Title: The title should be in Bold Sentence-case letters, as brief as possible (no more than two lines).
Authors: All of the names should be written in the nominative in Sentence-case letters; the surname should follow the first initial of the name; and the superscript should be inserted at the end with no space. The presenter’s name should be underlined; the superscript should not be underlined. Listed names should be separated by a comma, e.g. G. Papadopoulou1, A. Papadopoulos2
Affiliations: The name of the institution/University/Hospital etc must precede the location, if the location is not included in the name of the institution (e.g. Spine and Scoliosis Unit, “KAT” General Hospital of Attica, Greece or Department of Neurosurgery, 424 Army General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece). When more than one affiliation is included, the reference superscripts should be written before the name, e.g. G.Papadopoulou1, A. Papadopoulos2
1 Spine and Scoliosis Unit, “KAT” General Hospital of Attica, Greece
2 Department of Neurosurgery, 424 Army General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Keywords: Leave one line, 11pt between abstract text and keywords. Write only the word “Keyword” in bold. A maximum of 3 keywords may be inserted.
The proposals for Symposia can be submitted by both individual members and by National Societies. We encourage proposals on topics that capture the imagination and interest from a wide audience and that bring together experts from different countries (including top scientists from outside of Europe). It is important to note that there is no funding available from the FESN for delegates invited to speak at a symposium. Financial support from the National Societies FESN Symposia is highly appreciated. Proposals should include:
- The title and abstract of the symposium
- The name of the organizer and the 4 speakers of the symposium (speakers must represent more than one country)
- The affiliations of the organizer and the speakers
- The 4 abstracts of the speakers composing the symposium
In case you find any difficulty in submitting your abstract electronically, please contact ARTION Conferences & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.